Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blessed by My King!



Psalm 145:1-2 says, "I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever."

Over the course of the last several weeks, I have truly felt the Lord's love lavished upon me. It is often times so difficult to receive as in my heart I know that I wander far from Him at times, and that my attitude does not reflect one of praise and worship as it should. And yet, I am amazed at how He keeps hurling His loving kindness down from heaven to breathe life, encouragement, awe and excitement into my very being.
During Missionary Training this past July, we were encouraged to take time to record our "God sightings" during each day. We were told that often times when people are so far from home and living in a different culture, it is of vital importance to declare to others how you see the King of kings....my King. I see Him in the creation that surrounds me here, the way He paints the skies in brillant colors and the brillant greens that I never tire of.
His abundant goodness comes thru in the smiles of family members who travel miles to spend time with us. I see His unfailing love as He gives me the desires of my heart by providing me with wonderful fellowship from friends and church family who came and served with our ministry last week. I am blessed with a new sense of hope for people here whose hearts are moving towards knowing my King. Psalm 145:14 continues to say that the Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. And again in Psalm 56:8, "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." I am blessed by knowing that my King is compassionate towards me and that He is the one sustaining me in this place.
I have never been more thankful for my salvation than I am here, it is not only what I have been saved from, but the relationship that gives me a hope and a future.
Much Love, Lindsay
P.S. I remember watching this clip a few months ago, and being re-awakened to who my King is....I hope you will take time to watch and reflect.
YouTube - That's My King! Do You Know Him?

2 comments:

  1. Amen, my dear friend. As the book of Daniel so boldly proclaims: MOST HIGH is ruler over the realm of mankind and He bestows on it whom He wishes. What a God we serve!
    Much love,
    Shelley J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, do you know a guy named Juan down there?

    ReplyDelete