Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Not so bad after all...

Thank you to those of you who prayed for us in light of the nearby hurricane. It appears that we have seen just about all of what we will see from Earl, at least for now. We had a really heavy rainshower around noon today, and that was about it. It looks as though Earl is following the path predicted by the weather people, even though after watching the storm tracker for the past week, I wasn't so sure until today that they were going to be right.

I must say that I was at least a little disappointed that we weren't involved a little more. I have always wanted to experience a hurricane first hand. Living on this island should provide plenty of opportunities. But for now, I guess I will have to wait... but who knows how long. Could be a week or less at this rate. There is another storm, Fiona, just behind Earl, and then another depression out over the Atlantic. We will keep and eye on Weather.com and see what happens.

One thing that is really funny about rain around here is how the dominicans decide to deal with it. Most of them use a moto to get around, so rain poses a little bit of problem, especially the kind of rain we got today. Lindsay saw a guy on a bike using one hand to drive and the other hand to hold a little pink umbrella. I saw a guy on his bike wearing a garbage bag. Both were pretty funny, but not that uncommon around here, I guess.

I will close with a couple of pics from our last week here that we thought everyone would like.

May God richly bless you all,
Jayson and Lindsay
---Downtown Santiago



















--- One of the Jarabacoa "Shoe Shine Boys" giving my running shoes a cleaning...













No comments:

Post a Comment